Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Progress

It's Wednesday morning and I've been up since the early hours to ensure that I manage my own work and those other small and big tasks /activites that need to be done e.g finishing the archive, the spring party preparations, translating text... nevermind truck activity . I dont want to compromise on the quality of my work so I am working hard, but Iam feeling pretty knackered too, hope i get a chance to recharge batteries a little for onslaught of activities until we leave e.g press conference performance....wow , it will be great to finally see everyones work together!

I guess the group has become quite close now and we had the first true glimpse of how our work may unravel together at The Pony Bar, which was a great night. Got lots of positive feedback in terms of my paintings and video, it was good to be able to talk a little about my work and then to be amongst a sit down audience's focussed attention too rather than video on exhibtion loop. Olivias photos incited much discussion between myself her and a Romanian fellow we met in terms of her subject, disenfranchised tsiganes, plus, finally got to see Evas sewing, and peoples reactions to it.

Tonight its the Spring party, I am working with Tomas and Eva to perform actions around the station and everyone else also has roles, then later we will all return to the villa for goulash that we cooked last night, plus I am going to concoct a cream fraiche cucumber dip for the masses. Experimentation....

Ok, must dash to fit a 2cm lightbulb into a wooden stage for my performance still within a box

jx

1 comment:

Eleanor said...

Hi Jay,
Sorry for the lack of posts recently from this end- Liverpool has been really busy since we got back with an exhibition opening for The Royal Standard on tuesday night among other things..
Glad to hear it's going so well,; it all sounds very exciting at your end at the moment. I too am busy trying to get everything ready in time. What date is the press conference?
Your performance sounds intriguing, I'll look forward to finding out more about it.
xxx
E