Friday, January 19, 2007

Architecture





Today I have been learning to use my new camcorder to take still shots. I have also learnt to use the washing machine in the laundry room, which is computerised and much fun. The winds across Germany killed an 18 month old baby in Munich yesterday, by ripping a door off its hinges.

I'm researching blogs, I'm interested in how they narrate life. The writers edit their lives down into first hand text and photo accounts.

This is taken from a blog I've been looking at:


"In the book Intertwining the architect Steven Holl talks about how “architecture can elevate the experience of everyday life” by weaving together form, space and light. In the last few days as I prepare material for an architecture studio I teach, I have been thinking about that word, intertwining. Such a beautiful and complex word - it suggests intangible, changing layers, filled with phenomena.

My perception of this word is what I strive for in my life. Lots of layers meshed together."

http://uniform-studio.com/journal/?p=195


Architecture weaves elements into a location for a life. A blog weaves experience into a compact, edited, well-presented narrative. The houses here have big clear glass window panes through which you can see perfectly framed motionless images of everyday life. A blog or open journal is also like a window, woven.

This is something I'm thinking about.



No comments: